As a family-focused company, you can expect to be treated as such. With nearly 70 years of experience and commitment to our valued clients and service area communities, we’ve been able to grow and adapt our business. Our team has stayed true to our core values which include a consistent approach of integrity in our professional services and providing value to our customers and business partners. The Cannon approach is focused on relationships with our employees, customers and business partners.
We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Cannon Roofing a place they want to work. At Cannon, we provide our employees with meaningful benefits, generous compensation, and the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
This position will be based in our Spartanburg, SC office reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Follow and adhere to all Company, Customer, and OSHA safety requirements.
- Install and repair architectural sheet metal assemblies (flashing, coping, sill, siding, rain gutters, down spouts, wall panels, roof panels, ACM panels, metal cladding) in supportive frameworks
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites
- Demonstrates the ability to perform layouts (measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets) and forecast any issues that may impact the installation process
- Assemble cuts and shapes from materials as specified in plans or directed by supervisor
- Maneuvers large sheet metal parts to be installed, and properly fasten and anchor parts
- Accurately form and shape materials to prescribed measurements
- Performs material handling and laboring duties as it relates to trade
- Adhere to site regulations regarding safety, PPE, housekeeping, smoking, etc.
- Communicating with members of the crew, Forman, and Project Manager.
- Maintain project sites in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communications with crew members and project supervisors.
- The ability to listen is a critical aspect of communications.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Must have a current valid Driver's License and submit to an MVR.
- Must have at least 2 years of sheet metal installation experience
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.
- Must be willing to work on weekends, only as needed in emergencies
- Must be willing to work more than eight (8) hours per day, as needed only
Compensation & Benefits Include:
- Competitive wage based upon skills and experience
- Company contribution to health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Paid vacation
- Bonuses based upon performance and attitude
Cannon Roofing is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.